2018 NHL Hockey Draft Registration:
Sunday, April 8, 2018
North Ridge Community Centre, Martensville
3:30pm – Doors open
4:45pm – Draft starts
6:00pm – Supper provided by Sports Page
$560 per Team (Table of 8)
Max. 32 Teams
For additional information, contact Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the Hockey Draft Work?
- On the night of the draft, the room will be broken into (3) or (4) separate areas or “pools”, which will essentially make up 3 or 4 “mini-drafts”.
- Each pool will be given a group name – Spades, Hearts or Clubs, to help everyone see who they are drafting against. The room will be separated accordingly
- Your team will draft players from within the pool it is assigned – It will be a snake draft – 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 – 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 (completes 2 rounds)
- Your team will draft your team against 8 (9 or 10) other teams and in the end, all the drafted teams will compete against each other in the actual draft.
- Each of the “mini-drafts” will have their picks displayed on the wall so that you can keep track of who has already been selected in your pool.
- There will be a “referee” for each draft pool who will take each of your picks from your table and bring these picks to the data entry person who will enter your team’s pick.
- We will provide a list of active players on each of the (16) NHL teams who are in the playoffs and have this information available at each table before the draft begins.
- We recommend that your team bring any other information along with you, that you may deem helpful in selecting the appropriate team. This can include injury reports, team match-up’s, and the latest trade details to help ensure that players are not drafted improperly.
- Should you require further explanation in this regard, please do not hesitate to ask.